1. Individuals 55 and older can request a need to help them stay at home.
2. Volunteers can offer their services by lending a hand as a volunteer.
3. Organizations can request volunteer help for events or everyday tasks.
1. Person or organization puts in a request for a need.
2. Need is put out to the Lend A Hand members email list once a month.
3. Volunteer reviews requests and if they want to help they contact the coordinator for more information.
No pressure, no commitment.
4. If you have a skill you want to put out as an offer we can include that in the email.
EX: baking pies, computer help, spring cleaning, gardening, rides to hairdresser in town, cutting hair, ironing or sewing clothes.
Lend A Hand is geared to the 55+ population living in the Cazenovia, Nelson and Fenner areas to keep them at home and also to help them stay active and engaged in the community.
No, there is NO membership fee. CRIS requires you to fill out a volunteer participation form since we cover our volunteers with insurance.
Due to other costs associated with running the volunteer program we encourage a donation if feasible.
You can request without providing a service in return.
You only fulfill offers that you are willling and able to complete.
The monthly email list will provide you with all the possible volunteer opportunities.
Many opportunities with other organizations are important and fit the needs of our volunteers.
EX: sign in to events, counting participants, check out, popcorn stand, organizing, letter mailing, card making, sewing...
Interested in becoming a member of Lend A Hand?
Contact the Coordinator today-
The requests go out monthly via email. You decide if you want to take on the task and get in touch with the coordinator. No pressure. No commitment.